Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Bible

Yep. This is the first one I'll be talking about. One of the oldest collection of books out there. If you've actually read it all, you would realize how many important things are in there, not just how God interacted with his people.

I chose this first since it's one of the best in the world. Sadly, a lot of people have a copy of this collection of books, but don't read it as often as they should.

I know what you might be thinking.

  • What on earth are you doing? This is a book, writing, and cats blog!
  • Ew, religion. That's evil! There's nothing good about religion!
  • *closes tab*
Well, sit down on that chair and keep reading if you choose, 'cause I'm not backing out of this one.

One thing I've learned is that when it comes to the Bible, you can't just read it and think you know it. There's a ton of background stuff to be learned to understand the people's actions. The stories took place in a time different than ours and could have "questionable" passages, but if you look up the meanings behind them, then they don't seem too bad. You have to get passed the surface. That's exactly what I did, and I find my former religion pretty interesting. I can't say the same about the others, though.

My favorite book in the Bible? As of now, I don't think I have one. If I find one, then I might write a post on it later this year.

Give it a read someday! Even if you're not religious.